Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Triple Love Tuesday: Farm Girl Vintage



Today's Triple Love Tuesday Pick is Farm Girl Vintage by Lori Holt:


There are several reasons why I am so in love with this book.  First, the photographs are amazing!  Every page is full of eye candy.  When I browse through its pages, I want to make every single project in the book!  Lori's happy colors and Farm Girl Vintage style are so easy to love.


Second, I love the layout of the book.  The first section is filled with instructions for the Farm Girl Vintage Blocks.  Lori's directions are well organized and easy to follow.  The one comment I've heard from many quilters of all skill levels about all of Lori's patterns is that her directions and the way she puts the blocks together make it easy and fun!

Finally, I love the way the finishing instructions are put together.  Simple and concise cutting and assembly instructions. 

Perhaps the biggest bonus in this area is that not only does the book include instructions for the Sampler quilt, but there are patterns for seven additional quilts and seven "Mix & Match Setting" quilts.  

Simply put, Farm Girl Vintage gives you a lot of bang for your buck!  But be careful, once the book is in your possession, you simply have to start making!  Instead of going to bed like any sensible person would do, I pulled some fabrics from my stash and put together my very first Farm Girl Vintage Block last night...and can't wait to get back down to my sewing room to make more!


Happy Sewing!








No comments:

Post a Comment